|Provide proactive technical counsel to CIO - Chief Information Officer and key IT executives on technical strategy, direction and projects|
Improve and broaden client access to IBM’s global technical and innovation expertise
Increase the value that clients derive from application of new and existing technologies and accelerate innovation
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.|
HOW TO APPLY : CLICK HERE
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Level: P-4
Application Close: 18-Dec-14
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of Chief of Operations, the incumbent of this post will manage all human resource activities including the common services of ESARO and the supervision of human resources staff in the country office of Nairobi, Kenya in accordance with the HR strategy and work plan, aligned with the Country Programme Management Plan, as well as the goals and strategic needs of the organization.
Key Expected Results
1. Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office and the organization.
- Support the office's human resources needs for national professional officers, general service, and temporary employees by implementing proper and expedient recruitment procedures. Ensure organizational human resources targets are met while ensuring the recruitment and retention of staff of the highest calibre. Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Work to establish a targeted approach to recruit specialized talent, with particular focus on Mid-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP) areas, to fill posts requiring specialized expertise, at the global, regional, or local level. Establish and implement results-oriented action plans and sound budgets to coordinate targeted recruitment efforts with identified need at UNICEF in the short-term, intermediate-term, and long-term. Monitor and evaluate the measurable results of targeted recruiting efforts and its impact on UNICEF human resources.
2. Policy Implementation and HR Administration
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policies, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff members.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Identify opportunities for the country office to support UNICEF's global HR priorities, campaigns and partnerships; and lead, advise and recommend new initiatives to adopt in the office. In close coordination with the regional office and DHR, implement and administer the equitable, transparent and efficient GS job classification system in compliance with the established job classification policy, guidelines, procedures and related requirements.
3. Capacity Building and Career Development
- Support and contribute to career development and capacity building among country HR staff, other colleagues and other relevant partners; ensure opportunities are regularly identified and addressed as appropriate.
- In coordination with the relevant partners, the Regional HR Development Committee and DHR, implement timely and effective staff learning and development programmes and briefing on career management to all staff in the office in order to strengthen their capacity building and advance career development planning.
- Support and utilize a database on staff development activities and training contracts and take follow-up actions for processing of external collaborator contracts and implementation of planned training activities.
4. Strategic HR Planning and Management
- Provide ongoing strategy guidance, interpretation and technical support to management of the country offices in the area of HR management. Provide accurate and sound technical analysis and timely support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design, change management and other HR strategy planning and development deliberations.
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and local implementation; advise on the applicability of new strategy and guidelines to country office HR plans and activities. Provide feedback and make recommendations from a field perspective on the establishment and improvement of systems and internal controls, planning and change management and resolution of HR issues and problems.
- Participate in and support Country Programme Strategy Review and Regional Management Team Meetings to identify new trends, priorities and requirements. Participate in Global workshops and meetings for the strategic planning of Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Supply.
5. Management Excellence in the Office
- Promote management excellence in the office by ensuring accountability in all areas of HR and by demonstrating a high level of skills in the management of staff resources including staff selection based on merit and the needs of the organization, staff aspiration and counselling, systematic and equitable performance management, and staff development and learning activities.
- Effectively manage the human and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) of the office and ensure both are optimally utilized.
- Monitor compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in all activities in HR; ensure the implementation of agreed audit recommendations; advise on corrective measures to be taken and establish relevant internal controls.
6. Staff and Management Relationship Management
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues. Provide administrative support to the staff/management bodies in the capacity of HR focal point in the office.
7. Inter-agency Cooperation, Networking and Partnerships
- Ensure active coordination of HR initiatives with other agencies. Maintain effective and steady communication or working relations with UN agencies to seek harmonization as well as new ways to enhance effective HR management and development in UNICEF. Support common strategies and approaches for enhancement of the HR reform within the Common System.
- Co-ordinate HR activities with UNICEF offices in the region and other UN agencies and cooperate with partners in the locality, including Government and NGOs. Identify and explore the best-practices in HR area. Participate in the inter-agency coordination, conferences and other forums to improve HR planning, implementation, staff learning and development, recruitment, etc.
8. Emergency and Staff Security
- In coordination with management and staff, plan and ensure effective emergency preparedness and rapid responses in case of emergency. Properly and promptly investigate and respond to emergencies affecting staff, including immediate actions, and if necessary, coordination with UN agencies and other parties concerned, in accordance with the UN and UNICEF emergency and security policy and guidelines.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- An advanced university degree (Master's) in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in HR Management and Staff Development is required.
- Previous hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
- Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Analyzes and integrates potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Sets clearly defined objectives and plans activities for self, own team or department.
- Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
|Location :||Nairobi, KENYA|
|Application Deadline :||03-Dec-14|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One Year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One Year (with possibility of extension)|
Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience